CUSTOMER BILL OF RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Each customer receiving services shall have the following rights:
- To be fully informed in writing, prior to, or at the time of services received of the objectives and scope of services provided by the company.
- To be fully informed, prior to, or at the time of services received of the company’s charges.
- To be informed of any changes in services.
- To receive appropriate and quality services in a timely manner without discrimination because of age, race, religion, sex, handicap, or national origin.
- To the extent consistent with the appropriate medical care, to be informed of those aspects of his/her condition that relate to the services provided by the company.
- To be fully informed about treatments and procedures relating to his/her care.
- To actively participate, where possible, in the planning, evaluation and revision of his/her plan of care/service.
- To refuse all or part of his/her services or treatments to the extent permitted by law and to be informed of the expected or possible consequences of such refusal.
- To be informed and to give consent prior to any treatments that are experimental in nature and prior to participation in any research activities.
- Be provided with proper identification by Handi Medical Supply personnel who provide service to you.
- To be treated with respect, consideration and full recognition of dignity and individuality, including privacy in treatment and care.
- To voice grievances and recommend changes in policies and services to the company’s staff, any appropriate agencies, and other chosen representatives. Free from restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination, reprisal, or unreasonable interruption of services.
- To be assured confidential treatment of personal and clinical records and to approve or refuse their release to any individual outside the company not involved in their care except in the case of transfer to another service company or as required by law or third-party payment contacts.
- To be informed, prior to, or at the time of admission about the company’s process for receiving, reviewing, or resolving complaints.
- To be informed in a timely manner of the need for transfer or of discharge and to be assisted with the coordination of any continuing care requirements of alternative services if needed.
Each customer receiving services shall have the following responsibilities:
- To pay all or that portion of the charges due for services rendered for which the customer has accepted financial responsibility, in a timely manner as specified by the company.
- To provide accurate, complete health insurance information concerning past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, allergies, and any other pertinent items.
- To notify the company of any previous rentals of durable medical equipment.
- To assist in developing and maintaining a safe care environment.
- To participate in the development, evaluation, and revision plan for his/her care/service and to adhere to this plan.
- To inform the company when unable to keep a scheduled visit.
- To inform the company of any change in prescriptions or admission to the hospital.
- To inform the company of any change in residence, phone number or physician.
- To inform the company of any concerns or problems he/she may have.
- To request further information or clarification about his/her service or any aspect of his/her care/treatment.